The Trials of Anakin Skywalker

20070328

Not What I Hoped

For days nothing happened. The disputes died away, the riots stopped, and everything went calm. The calm before the storm.

Dooku’s statue was removed from its resting place and moved to the control center hanger where it was being prepped to ship to the Jedi Temple. I over seen the removal to insure it was carefully done. Not that I don’t trust the clones, I do, but accidents happen. In a way, I wanted to keep here so I could inspect it more, but then again, it was nothing more that a statue. I also knew the minute the statue was moved the calmness was going get noisy. How soon, not even I could have predicted.

I was watching the statue as it was loaded on a transport when the Force around me started to call warnings. A figure boldly walked in the open hanger doors draped in a black robe. Dark Side energy washed over me, and my hand instantly went for my lightsaber.

Tarvis came to my side. “You know, Skywalker, I don’t think that’s a Jedi.”

“It’s not,” I muttered. “Get the men back. I’ll handle this.”

“Wouldn’t have it any other way,” Tarvis replied and shouted to the men to back off.

The figure, hooded to hide their face, came to stand in the middle of the bay, and stood still as death. I knew instantly who I thought it was correct. It made my stomach lurch. I shrugged off my robe and approached, lightsaber in hand.

“I told you to leave the statue were it was,” the figure said, in a hard feminine voice.

I stopped and stared. “So it is you.”

A small laugh. “You catch on quick.”

“I’m surprised. I never thought you would be one to turn to the Dark Side,” I said.

A gentle breeze lifted the hood just enough so a pair of green eyes flashed at me. There was a cold smile on her lips. “How little you really know me. I thought you were smarter.”

“How did Dooku buy you, Kelian?”

Cold laughter. “He didn’t ‘buy me’ as you put it. I turned from the light along time ago, he just helped me see it.”

With a snort, I pointed. “You were one of the best Jedi Knights. And you just walked away. What did he promise you? Power? Riches?”

Kelian lifted her head. “He promised me you.”

Posted by Skywalker :: 7:33 PM :: 12 Holos Received

Post a Comment