The Trials of Anakin Skywalker

20070215

What's Hidden

I love a challenge and this mission I knew was going to be one. First thing I did was inspect the regions and the troopers at each location. Then I regrouped the troops, sending some of Commander Cody’s men to reinforce the others. I kept a small group and Cody with me. Cody is good to have at your back; he is one step ahead of the other clones, and faster.

Then I spoke to the new Geonosian leader. General Tarvis stood silently behind me as I spoke to Gebb with the help of a translator. I had expected him to be hostile but he wasn’t. He was for peace even if was under the symbol of the Republic. Whatever I thought was best he agreed that he would go along with it. His only plea was that his people not be hurt if all possible.

I can’t help but to enjoy that feeling of authority. With Obi-Wan around, it was usually him who approved the final decisions. Even if I didn’t like it. The perks of being a Jedi Master and higher ranked General. Now it was mine turn.

“If the men have to discharge their weapons it will be to stun only,” I told Gebb. “Unless necessity calls for a different approach.”

He bowed and made several clicks in his language which I took for ‘Thank you.’

After leaving him and General Tarvis I entered what used to be the control center for the Separatists leaders. The place reeked of Dooku; I could feel his presence as if he was actually in the room with me. I felt a scowl come to my lips.

I did a search. I saw nothing that we didn’t all ready know about that Dooku could have left behind. Yet, I felt there was something I couldn’t see, something just out of my sight. So, I stood in the middle of the room and closed my eyes, letting my mind and body tune in with Force.

My eyes came flipping open and turned my head to the ceiling above. At first glance there seemed to be nothing special about it, just stalemate. But what I sensed, however slight, had come from up there.

I eyed the ceiling carefully. Where the ceiling curved down into the wall, I noticed what appeared to be a small ledge. Easily missed if you weren’t looking for it. There was little space to stand on, getting up there and staying there would be tricky. For anyone that wasn’t a Jedi, that is.

I tossed my robe on the nearest console and positioned myself with my back facing the ledge. Using the Force, I jumped up and back flipped, landing on the ledge with only my heels and perfect balance to hold me in place.

What I had sensed was in fact a secret panel in the ceiling, carefully concealed In the rock. There didn’t seem to be a handle on the rock panel but I could see the outlines of the door. I debated on whither to use the Force to open the door or cut around the edges with my lightsaber.

Seeing how my arms were helping me balance, I opted for the lightsaber. I looked down and used the Force to lift the saber off my belt. I moved it to the rock panel and ignited the blade. Following the outline, I cut the door away, sparks and shards flying everywhere. The door fell to the floor with a loud bang.

Now I could have jumped back to the floor and jumped straight up the open panel but where is the fun in that? I leaned forward, pushed myself off the ledge, leaping and grabbing the hollow edges the open panel with my hands. My left hand slipped but my right, the mechanical one gripped hard to hold my weight.

I looked up into the darkness of the hole above me with curious eyes.

Posted by Skywalker :: 10:03 AM :: 8 Holos Received

Post a Comment