The Trials of Anakin Skywalker

20070301

A Message

“From where I just came from?” I repeated.

“Yes, sir,” replied the officer.

I thought for a moment. “Send a few men to check it out. Look for a remote commutations device. Bring it to me.”

Tarvis gave me questionable look. “Not going to go do that yourself?”

I shook my head. “Whoever planted it and activated it would expect me to go look for it.”

“A trap? Ka boom?” he asked.

“It’s possible. We’ll see.”

I didn’t have to wait long. The remote was in my hand minutes later. I wanted to kick my self for not having sensed it before. I spun it around in my hand, rubbing my thumb over the small device. There was a click. A small holo flashed from a very small holoprojector.

“I knew you couldn’t help yourself, Skywalker. You always were the over curious kind,” a hood voice said. The same voice as on the other holo. “But I’m glad you are. Makes this more fun for me.” A pause. The figure shifted. “I’m sure you know there more going on Geonosis than meets the eye. I know by now you have seen the statue that our friend Count Dooku made. Lovely is it not?

“If you would, I’d appreciate it if you didn’t ship it off to Coruscant. You see, he made it for me. I never did get chance to receive it. I knew when you got here, it would be found.” The figure’s head lifted some. “Yes, Anakin, I know you and you know me. It’s been a long time since I last seen you.”

My eyes narrowed.

“I can see your face in my mind right this very second. That glare you have. Your face is an open book of expression.” There was laughter that quickly faded. “Do yourself a favor, leave the statue where it is. Do what you have to control these bugs and leave. You need not involve yourself with this. If you do, you will have to deal with me.”

The head lifted and I saw a very brief flash of a face. Too fast and too blurry to tell who it was.

“You don’t want that, Ani.” A flash and the holo disappeared.

She called me Ani. I can count how many people in my life who called me the on one hand. My mother, Padme, D.J., Pho, and-

Tarvis was watching me. I meet his eyes slowly. “I see the wheels turning. You know who that was?”

I frowned. “I think I do. And if I’m right… “ I shook my head slowly.

The thought did not please me at all.

Posted by Skywalker :: 9:12 PM :: 11 Holos Received

Post a Comment