The Trials of Anakin Skywalker

20070226

Vader: Sidious

I knelt before the holoimage of my Master. His eyes were displeased as I stared at him through the red tint of this hideous mask I have to wear to live. Sidious was looking down at me at me as if I were a large, revolting insect. I pretend to be humble before him.

But in my heart, I hate him.

It was he that put me in this suit of horror, this never-ending nightmare of pain. This suit, which keeps me living, was his way of keeping me under his control by locking the most power Jedi in galaxy in box. If the Force had not been with me all these years, I surly would have went mad from the pain and restrictions of it a long time ago.

There were other ways of saving my life after Mustafar, easier, less painful ways. Sidious thought the pain would bring me closer to the Dark Side. He was right; it has, in many ways. But it has made my pure unadulterated hate for him grow as well. It clouds my every thought. I would like nothing more than to toss him in a pool of hot lava and incase in him the same contraption.

He would not survive it.

But I have.

One day, Sidious will be dead. It will be me that kills him. I use the pain and it makes me stronger. I’m already more powerful than he. But I wait, bide my time, sucking knowledge from him and waiting. When the time is right, I will strike him down and his Empire will be mine.

It should have been from the start.

Knelling in front of his glowing holo made the mechanical joints of my knees throb excruciatingly. Sidious knows this and in his sick way, enjoys it. He leaves me there, saying nothing, while I bite my lip until it bleeds. I felt the blood run down my chin.

“Why is that girl still with you, Lord Vader?” he said in the harsh, cracked voice.

“She can a be a great advantage for us, my Master,” I replied.

“I hardly see how. You were foolish to bring her from her time to ours. If she finds out who you are and somehow returns to her own time, you can see what trouble that can cause. Kill her now before its too late.” He paused.

Sidious in my Master, I don’t deny that, but only to a certain degree. I am still my own man. I am not his slave and never will be. What I chose to do in my own time is none of his concern. I refused to explain myself or my actions to him on this.

Suddenly, he laughed. “You are still a foolish man, Vader. Will you ever learn?” A pause. “Fine, do you what you like but remember this: if I sense that this girl in any way is threat to my Empire and all I have built, I will kill her myself and then you will have to deal with me. Is that clear?”

“Yes, my Master,” I said, glaring, wishing he could see my face and that particular expression.

The holo faded and I pulled myself back to my full height. Hate welled up in me and I slammed my fist down on the console. Sparks flew from it where I had crushed it.

Posted by Darth Vader :: 7:33 PM :: 0 Holos Received

Post a Comment