The Trials of Anakin Skywalker

20070222

An Interesting Discovery

Ignited my saber and gave a quick look around. The room was bare of anything except for a large structure in the middle of the room covered with a tarp. It wasn’t what I was hoping to find. Not at that point, anyway.

I walked over it and pulled the tarp off it. It was a statue of a woman, but not just any woman. It was beautiful and atrocious at the same time. One half of the statue was a Jedi with soft features and kind eyes. The other half was a Sith with a hard facial appearance and hateful eyes. Her arms were stretched, reaching up to the sky, long waves of hair spiraled down her back.

I stood there staring trying to put the face to a name and came up with nothing. I’m not a good judge of art but this was magnificent, even it did radiate Dooku’s aura. It was obviously his; that he had made this with is own hands. But who was she? And what was her connection with Dooku, if there was one. She could be someone made up from his mind or memory.

She was quite beautiful and familiar in someway.

“General Skywalker?” A voice down below called. I stuck my head out the door in the floor. General Tarvis was standing in the middle of the room, looking a bit confused to say the least.

“Up here,” I called down.

He looked up. “I’m not even going to ask you got yourself up there.”

I smiled. “Get a ladder, there’s something you should see up here.”

He nodded and disappeared. I went back to the statue and stared at it some more, trying the to place the face. Tarvis climbed up and came to my side, whistling softly.

“Impressive,” he said. “Any idea whom this is?”

I shook my head. “Not a clue. But it’s hidden up here for a reason.” I lifted a small holorecorder and captured the image, moving close for her face.

“Dooku is talented. Twisted, but talented.” He snapped his fingers. “The reason I came looking for you. You have a transmission from Coruscant.”

I nodded, absently. I could sense there was little more in here. Moving around the statue once more I followed Tarvis back down.

“Make sure no one comes in here,” I told him before leaving him. “I don’t want anyone touching that statue.”

“You got it, boss man.”

~ ~ ~

Back at the control center, I went straight to the commutations console and pulled up the transmission. It was audio only.

Don’t ask questions. You won’t like the answers.

My eyes narrowed. What was this? The voice was feminine and very low in tone.

I looked at the clone trooper behind me.

“Where did this come from?” I asked.

“Somewhere on the planet, sir,” he said.

“Trace it, now.”

“Yes, sir.”

I listened to it again while I waited.

“General Skywalker, this is odd, but it came from the area you were just in, sir,” the trooper tells me.

I raised an eyebrow.

Interesting indeed.

Posted by Skywalker :: 8:07 PM :: 11 Holos Received

Post a Comment