The Trials of Anakin Skywalker

20070207

Location: Geonosis

Geonosis, planet of the insectoids. The whole planet is basically a nest, a huge bug nest. At first you think the planet was inhabited, that is until you land and get surrounded by the nasty things.

It was here that their leader, Poggle the Lesser, became a member of the Separatists Counsel, and built most of the droid army. The planet recourses were at Count Dooku’s disposal, and for a time was used as he base of operations. That is, until we came in.

Last time I was here, Padme was with me, attempting a rescue of Obi-Wan. It didn’t quite go as planned and we ended up prisoners ourselves. I was more worried about Padme than myself. I shouldn't, she can take care of herself in most situations, but I can't help it.

We faced some impossible odds that day. When the Jedi landed and began the assault, we lost a large number of them. I was determined, despite the odds, that I wasn’t going to die and nether were Padme or Obi-Wan. I admit, right before Yoda arrived with clones, I had a bad feeling I couldn’t stop it.

I lost my arm here, when I faced Dooku. Or as Obi-Wan calls it: attacked Dooku without thinking. I can still feel the Force lightning he used on me. You don’t forget that kind of pain. Someone asked me once, which hurt more, losing my arm by saber or the lightning? The lightning.

When I exited the transport the first thing that I noted was the smell. There is such a fowl odor here that it makes you want to use your saber and remove your nose. It is that bad. I could say I have smelt worse but that would be a lie.

Poggle has yet to be located. I wonder if he knows the extent of what the Republic has done to his beloved factories. What once made droids now makes weapons, armor, and ships. I think it was fair trade. Work for the Republic or suffer without means of income for their people. That doesn’t mean they hate us any less. I could feel hate filled eyes on me as I walked with Commander Cody to the control center, a line of troopers behind us.

General Garvl Tarvis met me at the entrance. He was an older man with a face covered in scars. Rumor was, this man had flown his ship into a enemy ship as it was firing on Republic troops to stop the attack, and had lived the hideous explosions and crash. I knew him well enough to believe it was true. He was all soldier.

"It makes my eyes glad to see you, Anakin Skywalker. I was hoping they would send you," General Tarvis said.

I bowed and smiled. "General Tarvis, this not where I would expect to you be posted."

He clapped my back with a large hand. "Good thing I am here. These Termites are getting out of hand. Revolts, protests, attacks, they want us out of here."

"How bad is it?" I asked.

General Tarvis shook his head. "The Counsel sugar coated it, didn’t they?"

"I don't understand what you mean."

He waved his hand. "Let me guess, they just sent you here and didn't you much, right? Come on, let me show you."

We walked over to a console. He pulled up the reports of the last few weeks. My eyes narrowed. Things here were much worse than the Counsel had led me to believe. In fact, it was a down right disaster waiting to happen.

"They should have sent more Jedi Knights with you, Anakin," General Tarvis told me.

I looked up at him with a grin. "I think we can handle this."

Posted by Skywalker :: 7:22 PM :: 9 Holos Received

Post a Comment