The Trials of Anakin Skywalker

20070603

Vader: A Familar Voice

I slid into my tie-fighter and shot out of the hanger bay of the ships just as Rebel forces had gotten themselves in place for an assault. Fools, all of them. The ships they were using were out of date and completely useless. I’m surprised any of them could actually make out hyperspace without falling part much less fight against the Imperial fleet. This would a short battle.

I flipped on my communications. “Form up behind me. The leader is mine.” I came around the left and powered up the laser cannons. “Shoot to kill.”

Switching channels on the comm, I helmed the leader of the small squad of fighters shoot out of the bay. “Your fighters are out numbered. I do not take prisoners, your ships will be destroyed.”

“I suppose you are speaking to me, Baby. Uhm, I think we are going to fight anyway. You might want to comm back to your Destroyer, your balls are getting busted, Baby,” a voice said back as line of torpedoes came our way.

I snorted and zoomed to the right and over them, as did the men with me. I knew this female voice in my ear. “Starburst, we meet again. I should have known it was you leading these fools to their deaths.”

"See, Baby, they don't let me lead anymore, after that assault where we lost near about a thousand fighters on taking out six destroyers, remember that?"

A smile covered my face. “Tragic. Your skills were lacking, they always were.” I flew over her and shot my turbo lasers at her hull as I did. “Not much has changed.”

With a flick of my wrist, switch channels again, this time to the ship. “Admiral, have all the Star Destroyers begin firing,” I spat, coming over the hull of the Executor, letting lose one of my torpedoes at Starburst.

"You lost this," she laughed, "It wants you back." She dodge around and ducked her fighter, the torpedo slammed into the Executor. I gritted my teeth as it exploded, and flew thorough the back blast.

Again, I commed her. “You can’t win this with tinker toys, Starburst. I almost had you once and I will again.” My lasers danced off her canopy. “You always did think you were better than everyone else.”

"No, I am better then you.” Her torpedoes bounced off my ship, some of them impacting the others simply drifting off. "Aww, I missed you, Baby."

I fired another torpedo. “And just what have you missed, Jedi?” I hissed as zoomed right behind her.

"Now, what makes you think I am a Jedi?" she spat right before ship disappeared into a cloud of smoke and flame.

How did I indeed. I knew who she used to be. I’m not a fool. Of course I had only heard rumors and never seen her face, but I knew. And I knew she wasn’t dead.

Read the Rebel’s P.O.V. here.

Posted by Darth Vader :: 7:21 AM :: 0 Holos Received

Post a Comment