The Trials of Anakin Skywalker

20070405

More Things Reviled

I raised an eyebrow. “Oh, really? And why would you want me?”

Kelian glared. It pained me to see a face of a former friend so cold. We had been Padawans together. Kelian had been a bright student, one of the best. We became friends on one of the several missions that she and her Master had assisted Obi-Wan and myself with.

Over a two years ago, Kelian disappeared after a grueling mission in which she almost died, ironically, by the hands of Dooku. On that mission, Kelian had been captured and tormented for weeks before Obi-Wan and myself finally rescued her. I knew something was wrong with her before she disappeared but there wasn’t much I could do to help her.

After the fact, the Counsel had refused to send out a search for her. That wasn’t right, and they knew it. She was one of us, they treated it as if she was just another casualty. I protested and was denied.

Kelian flipped back her hood. Her eyes were dead. “Well, why not? I kill you, I move up the ranks.”

I locked eyes with her. “Think, Kelian, Dooku doesn’t need you! You are just one of many he toys with! Even if you did kill me, and you won’t, it won’t mean a damn thing.”

She titled her head. “I guess we’ll have to see about that.” Kelian waved a hand. “He knew the Counsel would send you here when the uprisings started, knew you would find that statue. You see, it was perfect, here we are.”

“The statue has no real meaning to you, does it? It was a ploy?”

Kelian rolled her eyes. “Anakin, of course it matters. It’s of my grandmother. She was Jedi.”

Her words clicked in my head. I could see the resemblance now. “She turned to the Dark Side. She knew Dooku,” I stated.

With a snap of her fingers, Kelian said, “Now you get it.”

“Why is it here?” I asked.

Kelian smiled. “I put it here when the riots started.”

Posted by Skywalker :: 11:08 AM :: 11 Holos Received

Post a Comment