The Trials of Anakin Skywalker

20070513

Here We Go

Kalian’s blade came at my head and I blocked it easily. The move was, to me, half-hearted. She stood there, her blade and mine crossed. Through the brightness I got a good look at her face. There was something in her eyes…

“Come on, Anakin! Show me what you got!” she shouted and reared back for another swing. “Or did Kenobi and the Counsel finally tame you?”

I glared. “Last I heard I was untamable!”

I swung to the left; she ducked and came around with her foot. I somersaulted backward out the way and her foot went wide. My hand lifted and I used the Force to sweep her off her feet, flat on her back. She hit with a thud.

Moving over quickly, I was about to swing my saber down on her when she kicked up her foot again, this time nailing me in the- Holy Mother of the Stars! That blasted hurt!

“You wont be using that anytime soon,” Kelian taunted, jumping her feet, while I seen stars the size of starships.

She charged. I sidestepped to the right and landed my elbow in her face and spun around, missing her head by centimeters. Kalian ducked, rolled back, and came to her feet spitting blood my way.

“You aren’t even trying!” she shouted.

“Nether are you!”

I felt it coming. Force lightning shot from her fingertips. Oh, no, not again! I hate that! I have that hit me once before and let me tell you, if you want agony, let it hit you. You never forget what it feels like.

Kalian was aiming for my mechanical arm. Metal, lightning, you get me. I lifted my blade to catch it before it made contact. The air smelt of burnt ozone, the heat blasted my face but I held it back with both arms gripping the saber.

Jedi Knights don’t use Lightning, but we have the ability. I have never tried it because if my arm. One stray bolt, loss of focus and I could fry myself. But the thought of her using it on me made me so angry want to zap her with it myself.

My anger got the best of me.

Not the first time.

Posted by Skywalker :: 8:21 PM :: 16 Holos Received

Post a Comment