The Trials of Anakin Skywalker

20070607

Late Night

I woke up in a cold sweat. It wasn’t from a nightmare but something else. It used to happen to me on Tatooine when I was a child. You spent all day hot as Mustafar then at night cold a Hoth. Sometimes you wake up in a cold sweat.

I sat up took a look around. Geonosis was dead quiet except for the normal night sounds. So I got up, I never sleep much anymore as it is, got dressed and went outside.

A few hours before hand I had tried to reach Padme on Coruscant with no luck. After that, I contacted the Temple to report that statue was on it was way. But I left out the whole fight and capture of Kelian. Not the wisest idea but I did it anyway. She has information I want, and I will get it. I don’t need a Master to come here and take over. Which is what would happen. This is my game; I’m going to play it my way. For now.

I made my way down to the holding cells where Kelian had been taken and went inside. At the force field in front of her cell, I saw she was awake, sitting up, as if she was waiting for me. Her eyes met mine thought the glowing blue shield.

“Can’t sleep, Skywalker?” she muttered. “Or did you come here to stare at me?”

“I want to talk you,” I said.

Kelian looked away. “I’m not telling you anything.”

“Tell me about your grandmother Liflan.”

She turned back to me. “I told you ask Kenobi.”

“I’m asking you.”

“What’s there to say? She was Jedi, she turned the dark side.”

I stared. “You said the Counsel disowned ever knowing her, why? What did she do?”

She looked me right in the eye. “Better question would be: what didn’t she do?”

“I'm waiting, Kelian.”

A long pause. I almost thought she wasn’t going to answer but she started to speak, very softly. “Do you remember hearing about the Gladarn incident? Where six Jedi Masters were murdered for no apparent reason?” I nodded and she went on. “It was my grandmother who killed them.”

Force! This was one of the things I did remember from all those dull classes that put you to sleep. Mostly because it involved one of our own turning on the Jedi. Of course they gave us very little details and no names. But it had been worth mentioning in our history.

“How can you be sure it was her?”

“Dooku told me. He’s a crafty liar but I knew he wasn’t lying at the time. I already knew my grandmother turned to the dark side. My mother had told me. I just didn’t know the details.”

“Your mother wasn’t a Jedi,” I said.

“Of course not. My grandmother hid her well after was she born. But naturally my mother wasn’t smart enough to hide me. I was snatched from her as a child,” she said, looking away. “Like you, I knew my mother.”

Posted by Skywalker :: 7:57 PM :: 14 Holos Received

Post a Comment