The Trials of Anakin Skywalker

20070706

Late Night 2

“I was four years old when I last saw her but I remember her,” Kelian told me, looking up at me hatefully.

The Jedi Counsel usually didn’t take in younglings over a certain age. But here were cases where they did. Myself being one of those. Most of the time those children ended up in the Agricultural Corps because they had just enough Force sensitivity but were to old train safety. I always thought that was a load of Bantha poodoo.

I remember reading about the Gladarn incident but the full details were sketchy in my mind at that point. I do however remember the name of the betrayer had never been mentioned.

“Kelian, tell me what Dooku is up to. Anything you know, and I’m make sure the counsel and court goes easy on you,” I told her. “Let me help you.”

She laughed. “They won’t listen to you! They never do!” Standing up she move close to the force field. “Because they don’t trust you. If I told you anything you could use, and you went to- say, Mace Windu, do you honestly think he believe you?”

If I had proof he would. If I had it holo recorded, or if she verified the story, he would, but I said nothing about that. I knew, I could sense, she wasn’t going to let me help her.

“Get some rest. You are being transferred to Coruscant tomorrow. First to Jedi Temple, then to a Republic detention center,” I told her, turning to leave.

I had taken three steps before I heard her call my name. I backtracked.

She locked eyes with me. There was something there. Haunted, lost.

“My lightsaber,” was all she said before she turned away.

(Vote for DJK on LGS!)

Posted by Skywalker :: 12:09 PM :: 16 Holos Received

Post a Comment