The Trials of Anakin Skywalker

20070818

Underbelly of Coruscant

I eyed the ragged, dank looking cantina, and thought to myself, what a lovely place. When I stepped inside, the first thing that hit me was the smell. It was fowl. But through the haze of smoke and dregs of life forms, I spotted a familiar hooded figure in the back at the bar.

Keeping hood over my head, mostly because anyone could recognize me, I moved through the crowd. I walked up to the bar and leaned on the top. "Nice place you've found,” I muttered. “You look like poodoo warmed over.”

The hooded head looked my way. "About time you got here." Obi-Wan replied.

"Well, you know how it goes. I had to smell my way around the undercity," I said, gazing over.

"Glad you found me." He motioned for me to sit down. "We are dealing with quite the mess and our plan has to be aggressive but sensitive as well."

I slid down on the stool, which was ready to break as it were. "Aggressive works. Any idea where Adana and the others are?”

"I could sense Adana for a while but lost her. Force only knows what Octavia and Marusi have done to her. They are capable of anything." He stared at me. "We have to be fast if we want to see her alive. Octavia will not let her go like she did with me... And then there are three younglings who have gone missing as well. Master Windu informed me that he had sent Adana to find them."

I nodded, remembering. "Alright. We need a plan." His eyebrow shot up. "I don't always jump in saber blazing, master."

"I know that, my friend. You are better than that."

I thought. "Do you have an idea where Octavia has them?"

"There is an abandoned ware house about a click kilometer or so away from here." He opened the holo map for me to see.

I gazed over the holomap. "Heavily guarded too. Two ways in, that we can see. I bet there is third." I pointed down. "Underground and I bet it’s less guarded. They wouldn't think we would know about it or try that way."

"The only safe way is through the sewage system." I smirked at him. "Brings back memories, doesn't it,” Obi-Wan muttered.

I smiled. "I can hold my nose if you can."

"No problems here." Obi-Wan closed the holo. "Once we are inside we need to find the chamber with the younglings first. I don't even want to imagine what he might have done to them."

My eyes narrowed. "We need to figure out where to hide them while we get Adana. If we send them down the sewer they will have to keep going, and might get lost. and its going to take both us to gat Adana."

"I know. There has to be a way to hide them for the time being."

I thought it over. I reached in my pack. "I have an idea." I pulled out a small beacon. "This a cloned beacon of the one I keep on me. If we give this to the younglings and tell them to run, I can track them after we get out. No matter where they are." I just hoped he didn’t ask why I had cloned my own beacon.

"It is brilliant. This way we can assure their safety why trying to free Adana.”

Posted by Skywalker :: 8:14 PM :: 12 Holos Received

Post a Comment